A special birthright trip for Hungarian-Americans and Canadians aged 29 and older.
The 2022 birthright trip was from July 28 to August 12, 2022. Applications for the 2023 trip will open this Fall.
We are really excited to present the ReConnect Hungary 29+ Program, an incomparable cultural, social and educational immersion experience in Hungary. You will have the opportunity to form lasting connections and a professional network with each other, as well as with the people you’ll meet on the journey. We believe that after this unforgettable experience you will be inspired to visit Hungary and the Hungarian communities surrounding the country again; to promote Hungarian-American/Canadian cultural, educational and business relations in your given field; and to continue nurturing your heritage and traditions back home.
What you need to know:
- Before the trip, you will have the opportunity to take The Essentials of Hungary: A Primer and Introduction Online Course.The course condenses basic and essential information on Hungary and the Hungarian nation, namely, history, geography, literature and language, culture and folk traditions. The course is overseen by a member of our team and includes moderated chat sessions on select topics and a group project.
- The itinerary will closely follow that of the ReConnect Hungary 2019 Program but include additional government, business and professional meetings in our effort to accommodate your specific interests. Please comment on this in the video you submit. Please see last year’s ReConnect Hungary itinerary to get an idea of your trip. The specific program elements and itinerary are subject to change by the organizers.
- The price for ReConnect Hungary 29+ includes:roundtrip airfare and taxes between New York and Budapest; transfers to the airport in New York, to/from the airport in Budapest; all accommodations while in Hungary; three meals a day while in Hungary (we provide breakfast on the free weekend); a group guide(s) for the entire length of the program while in Hungary; transportation in our own van throughout Hungary; all entrance fees to museums and historical sites; educational workshops and professional meetings; the pre-trip online course; orientation in New York, including lunch; and continuous access to ReConnect Hungary resources. While we are able to offer the birthright experience in its entirety for only $3,500 USD per person, the value of the friendships you will make, the contacts you will build, and the knowledge you will gain – is priceless.
- If you have to cancel after having paid, but up to 120 days before departure, we will retain a $300 non-refundable deposit. Cancellations made within 120 days prior to departure will result in the forfeiture of the entire $3,500 payment for the program. You will be responsible for having health insurance and travel insurance valid during the entire duration of the trip.
- You can also go on ReConnect Transylvania, immediately following the end of the Hungary program. This is a 7-day excursion, offered at cost for $1000 USD per person. The price includes transportation between Hungary and Romania, all accommodations, 3 meals a day, bus transportation within Transylvania, all entrance fees, and two guides.
- We encourage you to get involved with your local Hungarian community or a national organization upon your return home in order to keep rediscovering your Hungarian self. The ReConnect Hungary Team is happy to facilitate.
We look forward to seeing you on this exciting adventure of self-discovery! Please feel free to contact us anytime with any additional questions.